Finding Work in The Faroe Islands

All available jobs in the Faroes are listed on our website (the site is only available in Faroese).

About the formal requirements
Nordic citizens from Denmark, Iceland, Norway, Sweden and Finland are free to move to the Faroes to work, study and live.

Citizens from all other countries (including EU citizens) require a work and residence permit to take up residence or employment in the Faroes. As the Faroe Islands are not a member of the EU, the regulations on free movement for EU citizens do not apply to the Faroes.

To gain permission to work and reside in the Faroes, non-Nordic citizens must apply to the Danish Immigration Service, which processes the application in consultation with the Faroese government.

The Faroese Immigration Office website offers good general guidance for people wishing to work and live in the Faroes, including information on laws and regulations relating to immigration, and information about the permit application process and requirements.

The website also has lots of useful information on the regulations regarding working and living in the Faroes.

We hope this information can help you in your search for a job in the Faroes.

Immigration Office
Find available jobs in The Faroes