- Øll Størv (98)
- Byggivirksemi (0)
- Fiskavøruídnaður (3)
- Fiskiskapur (0)
- Flutningur annars (1)
- Flutningur sjóvegis (0)
- Fyrisiting og tænastur (25)
- Gistihús og matstovur (21)
- Handil og umvæling (9)
- Heilsu- og almannaverk (24)
- Kunningartøkni (1)
- Skipasmiður og smiður (3)
- Undirvísing (3)
- Vinnuligar tænastur (8)
Starv innan altjóða humanitera tilbúgving
The purpose of the Junior Humanitarian Officer is to provide support together with the rest of the Disaster Management Unit to emergencies and disasters globally. The position forms part of the cooperation between Red Cross in Denmark and the branch of Faroe Islands Red Cross. Speaking Faroese is therefore a must.
The position forms part of the Disaster Management Unit in the International Department at the Danish Red Cross HQ in Copenhagen. The Junior Humanitarian Officer will under the immediate supervision of the Senior Humanitarian Advisor and with direct line-management to the Head of Disaster Management.
- Participate in capturing minutes of meetings related to emergencies and the Disaster Management Unit
- Support the Operation Coordinators in coordinating support to Disaster Management operations globally with a special focus on multilateral support
- Assist Operation Coordinators in preparing relevant documents and deployment of delegates
- Ensure proper reporting and follow-up on implementation of Disaster Management operations
- Support and maintain an appropriate filing system for the whole unit
- Develop small articles and Power Point presentations on ongoing operations
- Support Roster coordinators in relation to trainings and meetings
- Successfully participate in IMPACT and HEAT trainings
- Support the dialogue between DRC HQ and Faroe Island Red Cross including participating in the yearly review meeting in Torshavn
- Technical expertise and/or BA degree preferably within the Humanitarian field
- Fluent Faroese speaking is a must
- Fluent English speaking and well-developed written English is a must
- Fluent in one of the following languages French, Spanish or Arabic is desired
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Results-orientated but at the same time flexible
- Planning and coordination skills
- Interested in a humanitarian career
- Understanding that process and ownership are key to achieving results in culturally and politically sensitive environments
- Self-reliant, able to work confidently and with flexibility in frequently changing contexts, within the parameters of DRC standards
- Experience with working or volunteering for an NGO or the Red Cross
- Experience with working with projects preferably internationally
- A valid driving licence
- Willing to travel a minimum of 4 weeks a year, including to high risk countries
Your future work place
The Red Cross is always there. We save lives every day, and we equip people with the tools they need to get through crises and disasters. In Denmark and the Faroe Islands, we form communities and help vulnerable people to lead safe and healthy lives.
International Department in the Danish Red Cross supports vulnerable people globally, in close cooperation with Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies in more than 30 countries and have an annual turnover of more than 750 million Danish kroner. We work specifically on building preparedness and response capacity. DRC works both with long term activities and short-term response in particular within health, disaster preparedness and response.
The position is 37 hours a week. The contract period is one year with the possibility of extension. The position refers to Bjarke Skaanning, Head of Disaster Management.
Gross salary and employment conditions is according to Danish Red Cross’s collective bargain agreement with HK and AC and will be minimum DKK 30,000 per month including allowances and pension depending on experience and qualifications.
Application and further information
If you have specific questions please contact Bjarke Skaanning, Head of Disaster Management, email@example.com or Bardur Atlason Isheim, Head of Secretariat at Faroe Red Cross branch of Danish Red Cross, firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to vacation you can only ask questions from the 12th August and onwards.
The deadline for applying for the position is 21st August. Interviews are expected to take place during the last week of August.
The date of commencement is 1st October 2019.